- 2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Salt as Needed
- 2 3/4 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4-6 Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Frozen Carrot & Pea Mix
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3-6 Green Cardamoms
- 3-6 Cloves
- 3-6 Whole Black Peppers
- 1-2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Bunch of Fresh Mint or Cilantro
- Rinse rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- In a deep non-stick pot – Heat the Oil/Ghee.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger/garlic paste – sauté until raw smell evaporates.
- Add in the whole spices – mix.
- Add salt as needed – incorporate with onions and spices.
- Add the washed rice and fry for 3-6 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add water and cover pot with lid.
- Cook on low-medium heat 10-12 Minutes. Add water as needed – a little at a time.
- Once rice is halfway cooked add in frozen carrots and peas.
- Add Green Chilies and cover pot with lid & Steam.
- Garnish with Fresh Mint or Cilantro.
Links to Products Used: