- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coconut Essence
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconuts
- 4 Cardamons
- 2 Small Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Packet of Lachcha Shemai (Milk Vermicelli)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cashews
- 1/2 Golden Raisins
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
- In a non-stick medium cooking vessel add water, milk, sugar, coconut essence, desiccated coconut, cardamons, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add package of Lachcha Shemai and mix well with sweetened milk.
- Stir continuously so it does not stick to the bottom.
- Heat small fry pan add ghee, cashews and raisins. Fry 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold. Garnish with roasted cashews and raisins.