- 8 Slice White Bread
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet or griddle to medium.
- In a medium bowl, Mix the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into a shallow dish suitable for dipping.
- Combine the oil and butter in a small bowl. Spread 2 teaspoons of this mixture over the surface of the skillet.
- Dip one slice of bread into the egg mixture, turning to coat evenly, and carefully place it in the skillet. Fry until the bread is light brown on both sides. Spread additional oil/butter mixture as needed and continue with the remaining slices.
- Serve the slices as you fry them, or transfer to a platter and keep warm in the oven until all slices are ready to serve. Serve with butter, syrup, and jam as desired.