Skip to content
- 15 Pieces Digestive Biscuits
- 6 Tbsp. Melted Unsalted Butter
- 4 Tbsp Soften Butter
- 2 4.4 oz Semisweet Dark Chocolate Bars (Lindt Chocolate)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsps Turbinado Natural Brown Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tbsp Whipped Cream (For Topping)
- Take 15 pieces of digestive biscuits and crush them in a food processor.
- Add 6 tbsps. of melted butter and mix them well for a fine crumbly crust.
- Pour these crumbles into the 9-inches bottom tart pan and gently press down for an even tart crust. You can use a rubber spatula or your hands.
- Refrigerate the tart crust for 20 minutes for the crust to set.
- Take the 2 4.4 oz of semi-sweet dark chocolate bars and chop them into fine pieces using a sharp knife.
- In a deep pot boil water. Place a large glass bowl on the boiling pot of water to create a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream in the bowl.
- Add 3 tbsps of turbinado sugar, 4 tbsps of soft butter, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp vanilla essence and chopped chocolate into the heavy cream.
- Stir well to completely melt the chocolate and combine all the ingredients with the heavy cream.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the cold tart crust.
- Refrigerate the tart overnight or until set.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkle cacao powder and garnish with a small strawberry before serving.
- Instead of digestive biscuits, you can use any biscuit of your choice.
- If you want a sweeter tart use milk chocolate or If you would like a bit of punch you can use dark chocolate.
- If you don’t have any nut allergies you can sprinkle your favorite nuts to enhance the tart for a nutty flavor.