For The Chicken Filling
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts (Cut into small thinly chopped pieces)
- 1 Cup of Shredded Carrots (Chopped)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Whole Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 Medium Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 3 Tsp Freshly Grated Garlic & Ginger
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- 1 8oz Block of Cream Cheese Cubed
- Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
For the Sandwich
- 8 Pieces Sliced Bread (Your Choice of Bread) I used White Sandwich Bread
- Place a pan over medium heat, add 4 tbsp butter. Then add sliced onion and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add garlic/ginger and chopped green chilies, give it a stir. Then add in the thinly sliced chopped chicken and sauté it for 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander powder. Mix well. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in the shredded and chopped Carrots. Mix everything well. Now cover and cook for 5-10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Then add in the cubed cream cheese and chopped coriander. Mix until combined. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Spoon the mixture over a slice of bread, cover it with another slice and press down. (You can use any bread of your choice, I used white sandwich bread)
- Repeat process until all the breads are filled with the chicken mixture.
- Slice the chicken sandwiches into halves and serve.