- 1 1/2 cup Masoori Dal
- 2 cup Basmati Rice
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Onion, sliced
- 4-8 Green Chilies
- 2 teaspoons Garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1-2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Frozen Green Peas
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups Water
- 1 tablespoons Salt (to Taste)
- Wash rice and masoori dal. Strain all the water. Set aside.
- Add oil in a pan on medium heat. Add onion and sautee until slightly golden.
- Add green chilies, add garlic and ginger paste. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the rice and masoori dal. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, continue to fry.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well with rice and masoori dal.
- Add water until rice is covered.
- Check Salt & Water – Only add more if needed.
- Put a lid on the pot and cook for 20-22 minutes.
- Add Frozen Green Peas and green chilies and mix with Rice and Masoori Dal. Cover and steam on low heat until peas have thawed.
- Serve with Olive Pickles.
Notes: Beef Rezala or Egg Omelette are amazing options to serve with this Masoori Dal Bhuna Khichuri.