- 3 bananas smashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter room temp.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease a loaf pan of your choice.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the sugar and butter and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low about 1 min.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the banana mixture all at once. Stir until combined. Fold in the nuts, if using.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake 60 to 70 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, but not dry. Let cool in pan 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack.