- 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Melted butter and canola oil for brushing on the griddle
- Preheat an electric griddle to 375 degrees or place a stove-top griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the egg slighting in a bowl and add the milk. Stir in the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined. The batter will still have small lumps.
- In a small bowl, mix equal parts melted butter and oil; about a teaspoon of each is all you need. Lightly dip a pastry brush into the mixture and brush a fine, smooth film over the griddle or pan. Brushing the griddle lightly before each batch will ensure perfect pancakes.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin popping on top, about 2 minutes. Turn them and cook about 1 minute. If the pancakes are not golden brown when its time to turn them, the heat is too low or too high.
- Serve immediately as the pancakes are done, or keep them warm in the oven as you continue cooking. Serve with butter, syrup, and jam as desired.
- *Add fresh or frozen fruits – Sliced Bananas, Strawberries, Blueberries
I hope you all give our recipe a try and I hope you all enjoy them. Lot’s of Love. Sonia