Who doesn’t like drop biscuits. Especially when they are piping hot and right out of the oven. Oh my heaven’s they are melt in you mouth good. My husband, eldest child and myself are gaga for hot biscuits. We like gravy but not as much as we like our biscuits with honey. Give my very simple biscuits recipe. I use my cast iron biscuits pan by lodge and they turn out amazing!
My Cast Iron Skillet: https://rstyle.me/+63blE_8qcfaX5KIfcV2faA
- Butter – ½ Cup
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 Cup
- Baking Powder – 2½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Buttermilk, cold – 1 Cup
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Butter, melted – 2 Tble (for brushing the baked biscuits hot out of the oven)
- Move the rack to the upper-middle of the oven and heat to 475°. Melt the butter and allow it to cool for 5 minutes while you assemble the other ingredients.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, melted butter and honey. Stir well.
- Add the lumpy buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed, and the batter pulls away from the side of the bowl. Use a lightly greased ¼ cup measure to scoop out level portions and drop them into the cast iron biscuit mold.
- Bake until the tops are golden, 13-15 minutes. The baking time depends on your oven since each oven cooks differently. Once out of the oven, brush the tops of the biscuits with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack before serving.
- Serve warm, drizzled with honey and even more butter if your hips can handle it.
- Reheat day-old biscuits briefly to refresh.