Servings: 8 Prep Time: 5 min. Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1.5 cups ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted + cooled to room temp
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a greased 8×4 loaf pan or line with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mash bananas with a fork until slightly clumpy.
- Stir in honey, applesauce, egg white, and oil to banana mixture.
- Add in AP Flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased 8×4 loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out completely clean when inserted in the center of the bread.
- Allow the bread to cool for 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.